Wits University Online Applications 2024 | University of the Witwatersrand Apply Now. If you’re planning on studying further in 2024, you can apply now at University of the Witwatersrand. Wits has just opened their online applications, and we have all the information you need to know to complete your application.
Apply for admission at the University of the Witwatersrand – Admission application for 2024/2025 academic year. Please read attentively the information we have organized here to help you apply for admission at the University of the Witwatersrand step by step.
The University of the Witwatersrand, WITS online application for the 2024 academic year is very simple, easy and accurate. When you make any mistake, the online application system will prompt you to make corrections to any incorrect information
Wits University Online Applications 2024 | University of the Witwatersrand Apply Now
Online applications are now open for 2024 at Wits University. Keep reading to find out how to apply so that you can get your application is as soon as possible.
The University of the Witwatersrand is a multi-campus public university in Johannesburg. Last year, Wits celebrated 100 years since they opened their doors and rank in the top 1% of universities globally. They offer a variety of courses in the following faculties:
- Commerce, Law & Management
- Engineering & The Built Environment
- Health Sciences
You may apply to a maximum of three programmes, but if you apply to two programmes in one faculty, you are advised to apply to a third programme in a less restricted faculty (such as Commerce, Humanities or Science).
Here is how to complete your online application:
- Visit the application section of the Wits University website
- Fill in all the necessary information and ensure that it is correct. Remember to apply using the names reflected on your ID card or in your passport. Do not use initials or nicknames.
- Read and accept the university’s legal declaration of indemnity and undertaking.
- Upload all your support documents and pay your application fee. If you are unable to do this immediately, you can submit and pay at a later stage via the student self-service portal.
- Once you have completed and submitted your online, you will receive an email from the university acknowledging the receipt of your application.
- If you receive an offer from the university, you can now accept the offer.
- You can track the status of your application to see whether or not you have been accepted.
If you are planning on accepting the offer, ensure that you do so before the cut-off date otherwise your space will be given to another student.
You will be charged a non-refundable application fee of R100 if you are a South African citizen and R700 if you are a foreign student.
Applications are currently open and will close on the following dates:
- 30 June 2023 – Faculty of Health Sciences (all programmes), Bachelor of Architecture, Bachelor of Audiology, Bachelor of Speech-Language Pathology, BA Film and TV
- 30 September 2023 – All other university programmes
- 30 September 2023 – Residence applications
WITS Online Application Dates for 2024-2025
The University of the Witwatersrand, WITS online application 2024-2025 Academic cycle opens on 1 April 2023 for all programmes. Check below for application closing dates for each programme.
WITS Closing dates for 2024
- All Health Sciences programmes: 30 JUNE 2023
- Bachelor of Architecture: 30 JUNE 2023
- Bachelor of Audiology: 30 JUNE 2023
- Bachelor of Speech-Language Pathology: 30 JUNE 2023
- Bachelor of Arts in Film & Television: 30 JUNE 2023
- All other programmes: 30 SEPTEMBER 2023
- Residence applications 30 SEPTEMBER 2023
WITS Online Application Fee 2024-2025
- Non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens
- Non-refundable application fee for foreign citizens of R700
- Payments are to be made before closing dates
The University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) Admission Requirements 2024-2025
Applicants planning to study at the University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) must meet the following minimum admission entry requirements before he/she would be accepted into the university for the 2024-2025 academic cycle
Meeting the requirements does not guarantee a place. Final selection is made subject to the availability of places, academic results and other entry requirements where applicable.
- National Senior Certificate (NSC), Independent Examinations Board (IEB), or South African Comprehensive Assessment Institute (SACAI) subjects
- Applicants are required to write the National Benchmark Tests (NBT) before being considered for admission
- A National Certificate (Vocational) Level 4 with three fundamental subjects between 60 – 69% OR three vocational subjects from the designated list between 70-79%
- Taken English as either language of learning and teaching or as the first additional language
- Taken Mathematics as a fundamental component
- Achieved 70-79% for all seven subjects – in fundamental and vocational categories.
For more details, visit https://www.wits.ac.za/undergraduate/apply-to-wits/
Make sure that you submit your application before these closing dates and that all your supporting documents are correct.