WITS Late Application 2023/2024 – Apply to Wits University Now. On this Page you will find details on University of the Witwatersrand WITS Application Forms 2023-2024. WITS Online Registration Dates. Courses Offered. WITS Prospectus PDF for 2023-2024. Late Application Forms and More. Its important that students apply as early as possible to prevent application inconveniences. To aid you in this effort, we present to you the various steps you need to submit an application to WITS, being Online Application Forms or Hard Copy Application Forms for the 2023-2024 Academic Year.
WITS Late Application 2023/2024 – Apply to Wits University Now
WITS will not accept the General Education Development (GED) test for entry into any of its curricular undergraduate qualifications. The GED is no longer recognised by Universities South Africa (USAf), and is not equivalent to a South African grade 12 (NSC/IEB/SACAI). Applicants who completed the GED and would like to study towards an undergraduate curricular qualification are advised to register and complete a grade 12 NSC/IEB/SACAI or international equivalent thereof.
How to apply
Applications to study in 2023:
- Short Courses: applications open on 1 September
- Corporate Governance & Admin courses: applications open on 1 September
- Applications for part-time degrees: open from 1 July to 30 September
- Applications for occasional studies (including GEMP prerequisites): open from 1 July to 30 September
What you need to know
Full detail of the application process for each of the above categories appears in the description of the category. HOWEVER: it is important to note the following:
- Degree applications can only be done online and only when applications are open.
- Short course applications may be submitted via email during lockdown and until further notice.
- Applications for Corporate Governance may also be submitted via email during lockdown and until further notice.
- An application fee is payable and proof of payment must be submitted with each application.
- Once your application has been approved, you will be informed of the registration date.
Application forms can be found on the various course information pages for:
To apply online, go to www.wits.ac.za/applications/
You may apply for a maximum of three programmes (order of choice does not matter).
- Apply using your names as they appear on your ID book/card or passport (do not use initials or nicknames).
If you apply for two programmes within one Faculty, you are advised to apply for one programme in a less restricted faculty (e.g. Humanities, Commerce or Science).
Try to keep your study options open, especially when applying for programmes in faculties such as Health Sciences or Engineering.
- Do not enter the duration of the programme. You are applying to go into 1st year of study.
- Ensure that you submit the application and receive a letter acknowledging that your application has been submitted.
A non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens, and R700 for foreign citizens, is required.
- For assistance call the Wits Student Call Centre on +27 (0) 11 717 1888.
- In accordance with the POPI Act, applicants are required to complete their own applications and accept the University’s legal declaration of indemnity and undertaking. The University will not engage with third party agents facilitating applications on behalf of applicants.
Applications for 2023 have closed as per the below dates
Pay Application Fee
- Non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens
- Non-refundable application fee for foreign citizens of R700
- Payments to be made before closing dates
- Use your Person Number or T Number as reference
How to pay
Deposit exact amount into the University’s Application Fee account:
- Standard Bank, Account name: Wits University – Application Fees. Current Account Number: 200 346 385, Branch code: Braamfontein 004 805. CI Number 074A. (International payment swift code: SBZAZAJJ). Use your person/student number as a reference.
- Pay by cash or credit card at the Wits Fees Office, Ground Floor, Solomon Mahlangu House), Braamfontein Campus East, Jorissen Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, South Africa. Use your person/student number as the reference.
- EFT – Use your Person/Student number as the reference.
NB: It is advised that all prospective student refrain from paying monies to anyone who presents themselves as admission guides or representatives of WITS to the end of assisting in Online Applications or Hard Copy Applications. Many have been scammed this way. Either visit the Website directly or visit the WITS registrars office.