Sol Plaatje University SPU Late Application 2023/2024 Apply Online. We are pleased and excited to announce to you that the Sol Plaatje University, SPU Online Application for the 2023/2024 academic year is now open for all interested and qualified applicants. We are not just making this announcement known but also providing various steps on how to apply online for the Sol Plaatje University, SPU admission.
The Management of the Sol Plaatje University, SPU are no stranger to technology as they have made this application exclusively online unlike the rigorous task of going through the paper-based application (only when necessary). Therefore, they have opened their application portal for all high school leavers and those trying to further their studies either through part- time or full time.
Sol Plaatje University SPU Late Application 2023/2024 Apply Online
Want to Apply for the Sol Plaatje University, SPU Late Application 2023? Late applications to study at Sol Plaatje University (SPU) in the 2023 academic year are open and will close soon so hurry and apply now!
Brace up and read along, as we guide you through the Sol Plaatje University, SPU online application procedure for the 2023/2024 Academic year.
STEPS ON HOW TO APPLY ONLINE FOR SOL PLAATJE UNIVERSITY, SPU ADMISSION
To use the Sol Plaatje University, SPU online application feature, you must have a working internet device, a valid email address which is not shared with another Sol Plaatje University, SPU applicant, your South African identity number, or, if you are an international applicant, and your passport number. Kindly follow the easy steps below to apply online for Sol Plaatje University, SPU (Sol Plaatje University, SPU Online Application) admission:
1. Apply Online (How to Apply Online at Sol Plaatje University)
- Step 1: Please apply online via the Sol Plaatje University, SPU Application Portal if you are enrolling for Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Study Abroad or Graduate School of Business Exchange Program.
- Step 2: As a prospective student, kindly click on “Apply” under prospective students tab.
- Step 3: You will then be prompted to answer ‘YES’ or ‘NO’ to the required fields
- Step 3: After you are done with the above steps, you will then be taken to the page where you will be required to fill in all the necessary information like your Personal Details, Nationality, Address Information, disability information, Study Choices, Residential Address, Postal Address, Contact Details, Demographic Details, Next of Kin, Emergency Contact, Current Activities, Employment, Education, Indemnity and Undertaking, make Payment and upload the necessary Documents.
- Step 4: Complete all the fields and click ‘Next’ at each interval to proceed.
- Step 5: When you are done, kindly click on the ‘Submit‘ button to get your application submitted.
2. Acknowledgement of Application
- You will receive an email confirming online submission of your application immediately.
- Within three working days, you should receive formal acknowledgment of your application along with your student number and log-in details.
- Note this acknowledgement does not mean you’ve been accepted or admitted to Sol Plaatje University.
3. Upload Supporting Documents
In order to consider your application, please upload every necessary supporting documents listed below on this article. If the application is incomplete, it may be declined by the University.
4. Acceptance of Offer
When we update your application, you will receive an email communication. Please monitor your email account closely for updates. You can also check your status online with the log-in credentials that we will send you after you apply. We are not permitted to disclose your application status telephonically.
- Economic and Management Sciences
- Natural and Applied Sciences
If you satisfy the minimum requirements stated here, it does not mean that you will automatically be admitted to the study programme at SPU.
LIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR SOL PLAATJE UNIVERSITY, SPU ONLINE APPLICATION
Upload certified copies of the following in PDF format when you apply for undergraduate studies:
- Your ID if you are a South African citizen
- Your passport if you are an international student
- Your guardian/parent’s ID or passport if you are younger than 18 years
- National Senior Certificate if you have already matriculated
- Your final Grade 11 results with the school’s stamp if you are still in Grade 12
- Your academic record, only if you are a current student at another institution of higher learning
- USAf accreditation from the examination board for South African universities, only if you are an international student. Apply to mb.usaf.ac.za for conditional exemption, foreign conditional exemption, or mature age conditional exemption.
I hope we have been able to make your SPU online application for 2023/2024 seamless and easy. The Sol Plaatje University is really a place to be and we have our reasons for that. According to a statement on the University’s website, they have always thrived to become an institution of higher learning uniquely positioned to:
- graduate citizens competent and capable of realizing the aspirations of society
- produce new knowledge impacting on key challenges of the region
- engage critically with communities of discourse and communities of people in order to search out pathways to equitable development.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I select when asked for Activity Last Year?
If you are currently in Grade 12, select Grade 11 as your activity last year.
If you have completed Grade 12, select the option applicable to you; either Grade 12 learner, employed, unemployed, university student or college student.
How do I search for my Senior Secondary School name?
Use the search option and type in only the first five letters of the name of your school. For example, if you search for Kimberley Boys High School, only type in “KIMBER”. A list with options will appear from which you will choose the appropriate one.
What do I select when asked for my Matriculation Type?
Matriculation type refers to how you passed your matric. As a matriculant, you either pass with a Bachelors, Diploma, or a Higher Certificate pass. Therefore, should you have completed your matric, you can find details of your matriculation type by checking your final statement of results.
If you are currently in Grade 12 you will use your final Grade 11 results as a guide.
Tip: If you passed Grade 11 with mostly Level 4’s or higher, choose the Bachelor’s pass option.
If your marks are mostly Level 3’s, choose the Diploma pass. If most of your marks are lower than Level 3, choose the Certificate pass option. DO NOT select Unknown, Incomplete, or Not Achieved.
If you have completed Grade 12 before 2009, choose either “Cert of Complete Exemption” or “School Leaving Certificate”.
If you are an international applicant, select “School Leaving Certificate”.
What do I fill in where it says Numeric Aggregate?
This section is already populated for you with the number “1”. Please do not change the value.
How do I complete the Schools Attended section?
First search for the name of your school by typing in the first five letters of the name of your school, then select the correct school.
For the period of attendance section, complete the year and month that you started at that school. For example, ‘From Year’ you type in 2015 and ‘Month’ 01. This means you started your Grade 8 in January 2015.
Then type in your last year at that high school. For example, ‘To’ will be 2019 and month 12. This means you completed high school in December 2019. Should you currently be in Grade 12, you will input 2020 as the year and 12 as the month. This means you will complete high school in December 2020.
How do I complete the Enter School Leaving Subjects section?
Click on the search icon for the list of subjects. When searching for English Home Language, for example, search for the main subject description by typing in “ENGLISH”. A list of all English subjects will appear as provided by the Department of Basic Education. You will then select the appropriate English subject as it appears on your report.
The same step must be followed by applicants who completed their matric before 2009. Therefore, the applicant will search for “ENGLISH” then a list of all English subjects will appear after which you will be prompted to select either Higher Grade (HG) or Standard Grade (SG).
For More information Check Here https://www.spu.ac.za/index.php/how-to-apply/