SMU Residence Application | How to Apply for SMU Hostel – Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University. If you are studying at Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) or wish to study there, here are some options for your accommodation. On this post you may get The following, Apply for Residence – SMU, Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU Student Housing Application, Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) Apply For Student Housing, SMU residence application 2024, SMU student housing, SMU student housing office, SMU residence for first-year students, SMU student housing login, SMU residence opening dates 2024, best SMU residence, SMU student housing contact details, student accommodation near sefako makgatho, sefako makgatho residence fees, sefako makgatho residence application
What is SMU Student Housing?
Staying in residence is an extension of your university education, and you can benefit from a range of facilities and services including PC labs, network connections, social and sporting activities.
Student Housing & Residence Life at SMU strives to ensure that a living and learning environment is the foundation of its residence culture. Every effort is made to ensure that students’ residence life experience will foster their holistic development as well as being fully suportive of their academic programme.
SMU Residence Application | How to Apply for SMU Hostel – Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University
Residence life is a special experience. Staying in a SMU residence is an extension of students’ university education, where they can benefit from all the facilities and services such as student learning centres, social and sporting activities, life-skills and peer-tutoring programmes.
SMU Student Residence
Applications will be available on the SMU Housing Portal after March 23 for current residents. For students not living on-campus, please contact us for access to the SMU Housing Portal.
SMU Housing Time Table
Below is the normal timeline of our housing application and assignment process. Visit our Important Dates page for specific dates.
- Returning-resident reapplication opens in mid-January.
- New-student housing application opens in late January.
- Reapplication room selection period begins for returning students.
- New-student applications continue.
- Summer school application opens approximately March 15.
- Cancellation deadline for juniors and seniors is April 1.
- Graduate-student housing application opens.
- Student accounts are billed for fall-semester returning-resident room rent.
- New-student applications completed by May 10 take priority for assignment in June.
- Graduate rooms are assigned.
- Roommate request deadline for incoming students is June 1.
- Assignments are made for incoming students.
- Student accounts are billed for fall-semester new-student room rent.
- Incoming students receive notification of their assigned community and room type (double or single occupancy).
- Move-in information is provided, and sign-up begins on the SMU Housing Portal for move-in times.
- Roommate notification is sent by email with roommate name and SMU email.
- New-student move-in for Stampede is August 20.
- Returning-student move-in is August 22.
- New-student housing application opens in mid-October for students admitted for the spring semester.
- Student accounts are billed for spring-semester returning room rent.
- New spring applications completed by November 25 take priority for assignment in December.
- Approximately December 22, incoming spring-semester students are assigned and receive notification by email of their community, room type (double/single), and move-in information.
SMU Residence Requirements
SMU requires most incoming students to live on campus for two years. Living on campus is important for having the most robust and fulfilling SMU experience.
- First-year students must live on campus for their first two years at SMU and are assigned to 1 of 11 Residential Commons.
- New transfer students who are under 20 years old have a one-year residency requirement and are assigned either to a Residential Commons or to Upper-Division Housing.
- New transfer students who are over 20 years old have no requirement to live on campus but may apply and be assigned on a space-available basis.
How To Apply For SMU Student Housing?
Apply for student housing as part of your SMU application for admission. Housing eligibility criteria for first-time entering undergraduates: first-tier student accommodation There are limited places in residence and these are awarded to applicants on the basis of criteria described below.
Incoming First-Year and Transfer Students
Welcome incoming first-year and transfer students! Below are the first steps to get you started with an on-campus housing application. As you work through the process, we are here to help! Get in touch if you have questions or if we can be of any assistance.
- Once you gain admittance to SMU, accept your offer of admission.
- Pay your admission deposit.
- Allow one to two business days for access to the housing application.
- Log into the SMU Housing Portal using your SMU user ID and password.
- Follow the step-by-step directions to complete your application.
- If you haven’t received instructions by email within three weeks of paying your deposit, email us (email@example.com) with your name and SMU ID number.
We are excited to have you back! Returning residents are rising sophomores, juniors, seniors, and graduate students. Reapply for SMU on-campus housing on the SMU Housing Portal during the advertised reapplication period in February and March each year. No housing deposit is required.
Current SMU Students Not Living On Campus
Current students not living on campus or who are returning after an absence may email firstname.lastname@example.org for access to the SMU Housing Portal.
New graduate students may request an application from Residence Life & Student Housing (RLSH) beginning in March. New graduate students must pay a $100 non-refundable housing deposit. Email email@example.com for availability.
SMU Residence Application Portal
The Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) Application forms for residences can be obtained at the admissions office or online by clicking on the following linked text below;
- SMU Residence Application Portal >> https://housingportal.smu.edu/StarRezPortalX/
SMU has on-campus residence options for students. While on these residences, activities such as SMU I belong, Residence orientation, Ubuntu games, Bon fire, Green campus, SMU conversation and Ongoing orientation takes place. All junior students share rooms
If you wish to apply for residence at SMU, you need to indicate that on your application form. There are limited places in University residence and admission to study at SMU does not guarantee a place in residence. The places are awarded on a first come first served basis and the University is not obliged to provide a place in the residence.
For more information on residence at SMU, click here.
South Point offers off-campus accommodation for students and is accredited by the University. For more information on South Point, click here.