SASSA SRD Appeal online | SASSA SRD Grant Appeals Step By Step Process. Sassa has announced several changes to how the Social Relief of Distress is managed. The SASSA R350 SRD Grant has become very important for many households who have been struggling in recent years. This appeal process is very important to understand.
Sassa announced that they will no longer deal with reconsideration requests related to unsuccessful R350 SRD grants. This function will be taken over by the Independent Tribunal for Social Assistance Appeals (ITSAA). So if you want to make a R350 Grant appeal to Sassa this will be important for you.
SASSA SRD Appeal online | SASSA SRD Grant Appeals Step By Step Process
One of the consequences of this change will see the old way of submitting a reconsideration request for the R350 SRD grant will fall away. Instead, unsuccessful clients must now submit an SRD reconsideration request via the new SRD grant appeals website.
Here’s The New SRD Grant Appeals Step-By-Step Process
Step 1: Visit The New SRD Appeals Website
Step 2: Enter Your Identification Number
Step 3: Enter The Cell Phone Number You Used During The Application Process
Step 4: Click Send “Pin”
Step 5: Once you receive the pin, you will be required to insert it and click “Submit”
Step 6: Select the month that you are appealing for
Step 7: Secret the drop-down arrow to choose the reason for your appeal application from the options provided
Step 8: Click “Submit” to complete the appeal application process
Unsuccessful R350 Sassa SRD grant applicants must submit an appeal application for each month in which Sassa rejected their application if they believe they should qualify for the R350 SRD grant.
HOW DO I EXERCISE MY RIGHT TO APPEAL THE COVID-19 SRD?
Dear Covid-19 SRD applicant,
- Have you applied to SASSA for the Covid-19 SRD on their electronic platform,
- Did you get a notification that your application was rejected?
- Do you disagree with that decision?
If you answered “YES” to all 3 questions, you may, within a period of 30 days but not exceeding 90 days, appeal SASSA’s decision to the Independent Tribunal for Social Assistance Appeals (ITSAA). To do so, follow these steps:
- Double check that the information you provided to SASSA, which is reflected on the SRD DSD Appeal Electronic Platform is complete and correct.
- Where necessary, update your contact information by clicking on this link. This is very important in the event that your appeal is successful. If your appeal is successful the Independent Tribunal will direct SASSA to initiate the payment of the Covid-19 SRD directly to you and accordingly need to have your correct contact information.
- After updating your information on the link provided, if applicable, click “Save” and thereafter you will be automatically redirected back to the SRD DSD Appeal website to continue to lodge your appeal.
- Appellants or their proxy will have to confirm that they have read and accepted the clauses in the Declaration and Consent Documents.
- Click “Submit” and look out for the confirmation message on the page that your application was submitted successfully.
- Please note, an appeal application needs to be lodged in relation to each month where a person is rejected by SASSA, if in disagreement with the decision.
The Independent Tribunal will inform you of the outcome of your appeal electronically, within a period of 60 – 90 days from lodging of the appeal.
The decision of the Independent Tribunal is the final decision and no further internal recourse will be available to unsuccessful applicants. However, the applicant may approach the High Court for judicial review within 180 days if they are not satisfied with the Independent Tribunal’s decision.