SASSA Child Support Grant Application | How Do I Apply For SASSA Child Support Grant, Do you want to know how to apply for SASSA Child Support Grant? The question of how do I apply for SASSA child support grant is often asked by many parents who want to secure the South African Social Security Agency Child Support Grant for their wards.
So, in this article, we’re going to take you through the simple step-by-step process to apply for a SASSA Child Support Grant for your child.
We’ll also look at frequently questions asked around SASSA child support grant application and also provide answers to them all.
SASSA Child Support Grant Application | How Do I Apply For SASSA Child Support Grant
You will go to the nearest SASSA Office or counter service point at a Reginal Office to fill out the SASSA Child Support Grant forms.
There are two steps in the SASSA child support grant application process. We shall therefore look at the steps involved in applying for the SASSA child support grant.
How To Apply For SASSA Child Support Grant.
Fill SASSA Child Support Grant
To apply for a SASSA Child Support Grant, you’ll have to fill application form at the nearest SASSA Office or counter service point of a Regional Office.
A SASSA Officer will assist and help you to complete the application form.
You will be given a receipt after completing the SASSA Child Support Grant application form.
Also, you should keep the receipt safely because you might use it later to proof your South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) Child Support Grant application.
Choose Payment Method
When you are making the application or filling out the SASSA child support grant forms, you will have to choose a payment method to receive the grant money.
You can choose to be paid directly into your bank account or you can choose to get paid in cash on specific days at a paypoint.
Now that you know the application process for SASSA Child Support Grant, let us look at some of the frequently asked questions about the grant.
What Documents Do I Need For SASSA Child Support Grant Application?
To be able to apply for SASSA child support grant, you must be able to provide the following application documents.
- The childs birth certificate (must have an ID Number)
- Parent/guardian payslip, bank statements for 3 months, or pension slip, or any other form of proof of income
- If parent/guardian is unemployed, your Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF), “blue book”, or a discharge certificate from your former employer.
- Information that shows that you’re the child’s primary caretaker
- If you’re not the child’s parent, a written note of permision from the parent or guardian to proof that you should takecare of the child
- Information about how you have tried to get the child’s parent to pay maintenance
You should be able to provide these documents in order to apply for a SASSA child support grant.
What Are The Requirements For SASSA Child Support Grant?
For your child to qualify for the SASSA child support grant, he or she must meet the following requirement.
- The child should be under 18 years old
- The child should not be in the care of a state institution
- The child should be living with the primary caretaker who is not being paid to take care of the child
- You and the child must be living in South Africa
- You should be a South African citizen of have a South African permanent residence permant.
- You should not earn more than R48 000 per year or R4000 per month.
- If you are married, your combined household income should not be more than R96 000 per year or R8000 per month.
You qualify to apply if you meet these SASSA child support grant requirements.
How Much Do You Get For SASSA Child Support Grant?
The South African Social Security Agency SASSA child support grant amount is R480 per month per child. However, the grant changes every year.