NSFAS Student Portal Login | myNsfas account 2023/2024. MyNsfas is the portal for Nsfas applicants to login and access and manages important info regarding the National Student Financial Aid Scheme. myNSFAS student portal 2023/2024 | my nfsas account is an informative article for my.nsfas.org.za online application, www.nsfas.org.za apply 2022, nfsa application for 2022/2023 , My nsfas Application 2022,NSFAS Application form 2023. myNSFAS Student portal login, myNSFAS account login 2023 status check, www.nsfas.org.za apply 2023, My NSFAS students portal, My student portal login, Login my NSFAS status.For more information NSFAS Student Portal Login 2023/2024 visit official website link www.nsfas.org.za
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS)
NSFAS is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to provide financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges.
NSFAS Student Portal Login | myNsfas account 2023/2024
Students or NSFAS applicants are strongly encouraged to create their MyNSFAS accounts. The process is as follows:
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za and click on “myNsfas account“.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click on the “My personal details” tab.
- Update your cellphone number and/or email address to your current one.
- Click “Update your details” to proceed.
- A One Time Pin (OTP) will be sent to the new number and email address that you have provided.
- Enter the OTP and click submit.
- Your details will immediately be updated.
If you’re an applicant with an existing account, you can sign in using your usernames and password or Facebook and Google accounts.
NSFAS Student Portal Login 2023/2024 Link ==>>https://my.nsfas.org.za/
Your cellphone number or email address must be uniquely yours and cannot be shared.
If you are one of the NSFAS 2020 applicants whose application was unsuccessful and you have submitted an appeal, you may check your application results (nsfas status ) by logging into your myNSFAS account.
How to reset your MyNsfas account password
Already have an account but forgot your MyNsfas account password?
Don’t panic, simply reset your Nsfas login password by:
- Clicking on the “Forgot your password” tab and enter your ID number
- Choose whether you have forgotten your username and password and click “Submit“
- You will receive an OTP via email and SMS
- Type in the OTP you received and click “Submit“
- You will then be required to create a new password.
Did you know that if your myNSFAS portal account is locked, you need to reset your myNSFAS login details by clicking on the ‘Forgot your password’ link and following the steps provided?
If you have forgotten your MyNSFAS login details and do not have access to the email address or cell phone number on Nsfas system, you’re required to submit a certified affidavit requesting that your email and cell phone number be updated with the old and new details reflecting to email@example.com.
You can also watch the video below to learn how to reset your password.
If you’re facing any challenges concerning your account, don’t hesitate to contact the bursary scheme via the following;
Call number: 0860 067 327
Toll-free: 0800 203 900
Kindly note that applications for NSFAS funding for the 2021 academic year are currently closed. The 2022 application will open this year.
You have until midnight on 30 November to submit your applications.
Applications have also been extended to Grade 9 to 12 learners, as well as out-of-school youths, who wish to further their studies at any technical and vocational education and training, TVET colleges in South Africa for the 2021 academic year.
Documents Needed To Apply For My Nsfas Application 2023/2024
1. Documents needed for all applicants
Applicants must supply copies of the following documents. All documents must be certified, with the certification being less than three months old.
- Proof of acceptance/registration at a university or TVET college
- ID document or unabridged birth certificate of the applicant
- ID documents of parents, guardian, or spouse
- Applicant’s proof of income or one year’s IRP5 (if applicable)
- Parents, guardian, or spouse’s proof of income (salary slips/pensions slips if applicable/affidavit if unemployed)
2. Exceptions/special requirements –
- Students who are SASSA grant recipients do not have to provide SASSA slips or proof of income.
- Applicants with disabilities must submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A form
- Applicants recognised by the Department of Social Development as “vulnerable child” must submit a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration Form
If applicable, applicants should also submit copies of the following documents:
- Retrenchment letter
- Death certificate/s
- Divorce decree
Payment protocols for my nsfas application 2023/2024
A full bursary covers tuition and registration plus allowances, based on each student’s circumstances to cover accommodation and/or meals, and/or transport and personal costs. Payments are managed as follows:
- Tuition fees are paid directly to the educational institution and reflect a credit against the student’s account. The amount covers the actual cost of tuition for the qualification, plus any registration fees that might apply. Payment intervals are agreed between NSFAS and the institution.
- Allowances may be adjusted and will be published in the DHET National Rules and Guidelines for each year. Payment protocols depend on each student’s circumstances and choices:
- If the student stays in accommodation provided by the educational institution, then the relevant amounts will be paid directly to the institution.
- Allowances may be paid to the academic institutions and then transferred into the student’s bank account.
- Alternatively, the allowance may be paid in the form of an NSFAS-Wallet voucher into the student’s NSFAS-Wallet account, linked to the student’s cell phone. The vouchers can be redeemed at participating NSFAS-Wallet vendors.
- Cash can be withdrawn from the wallets at Checkers, U-Save, and selected Spar stores.