NSFAS Disability form | PDF Download, NSFAS Application Form 2023-2024 PDF Download . The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) Application 2022 can be apply via online or a hard copy application form. NSFAS was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act (Act 56 of 1999) and incorporated TEFSA (Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa). From 1993 to 2000, TEFSA was the primary non-profit company in terms of Section 21 of the Companies Act and ceased to operate in July 2000. All existing loans on the TEFSA books were transferred to NSFAS.
The NSFAS Act enables any student to apply for a bursary from NSFAS but allows the board to impose conditions, generally, or in respect of a particular loan or bursary. Such conditions include the use of the means test and the loan conversion of up to 40 per cent of any loan as an incentive for academic success.
NSFAS Disability form | PDF Download
It provides for payment by NSFAS of the amount of the loan or bursary “to the designated higher education institution”, rather than to the applicant. It also allows NSFAS to enter into what is in effect an agency agreement with higher education institutions (HEIs) or further education and training (FET) colleges.
NSFAS Application Form 2023-2024 PDF Download
Follow the Steps below to Apply online Now!
- Go to NSFAS Application website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, create your myNSFAS account
- Go and click on the “” tab
- Update all your personal details
- Proceed to Upload all your supporting documents
- Click on the “SUBMIT” button to complete and check your NSFAS Online Application 2022 status
NSFAS Supporting Documents for 2023 Applications
Before you can apply online for NSFAS 2023, you will need supporting documents below:
- A proof of your income or 1 yrs IRP5 if requested
- Copies of your parents, guardian or spouse ID
- A working cellphone number and a valid email address
- SASSA grant recipient, are not to have any proof of income.
- A copy of your ID or Birth certificate
- Applicants as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development should also provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form.
- Students with disability should submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
DOWNLOAD THE NSFAS disability form HERE
How to Apply for NSFAS Online 2023
If you would like to apply for NSFAS 2023, follow the steps outlined below:
- You have to visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review.
When to Apply for NSFAS Application 2023?
The NSFAS Online Application for 2023 will be opening 1 September and the closing date is 30 November 2022. Therefore all applicants are encouraged to take note of the application date and apply on time before the deadline given by the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS).
Who Qualifies for NSFAS 2023?
You qualify for a NSFAS Bursary if you are a South African citizen who plans to study in 2023 or you are already studying at a public University or TVET college and you meet the following requirements:
- SASSA grant recipient
- A combined household income is not more than R350,000 per year
- A person with a disability with a combined household income of not more than R600,000 yearly
- Student who begun their University studies before 2018 and their household income is not more than R122 000 per year
For more information Visit official webage NSFAS Application Form 2023-2024