NSFAS appeal for returning students in 2022, Are you interested in appealing your unsuccessful NSFAS application and wondering when the NSFAS appeals for 2022 will close? Well here is what you need to know.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) has stated that there is no set closing date for the appeals for the 2022 academic year.
- 1 NSFAS appeal for returning students in 2022 – NSFAS appeal 2022 opening date
NSFAS appeal for returning students in 2022 – NSFAS appeal 2022 opening date
The NSFAS appeal form 2022 has been opened; students whose earlier applications were unsuccessful can begin to appeal for funding. Do you plan to appeal when the National Students Financial Aid Scheme opens the application process? Did your previous NSFAS application fail?
n+1 rule nsfas 2022 appeal, nsfas appeal approved, NSFAS appeal for returning students in 2022
Download the NSFAS Appeal Form 2022 in PDF format – NSFAS appeal 2022 opening date
Returning NSFAS students who were not successful in obtaining NSFAS funding for 2022 may appeal.
How to appeal for NSFAS
There are several reasons for appealing:
- A student who does not meet academic performance requirements (at least 50% of modules enrolled in the previous year must be passed)
- Changing financial circumstances in the family
- Incorrect academic results submitted, resulting in non-renewal of funding
- Loss of Bursary Sponsor
NSFAS appeal for returning students in 2022 – NSFAS appeal 2022 pdf
Appeals will only be considered on the following grounds:
- A material change in combined household income (proof of loss of income needed with a fully completed NSFAS form for students that were not previously funded);
- Loss of a bursary/sponsor in the 2019 academic cycle (documented proof should be provided and should be accompanied by a fully completed NSFAS application form);
- Failure to meet academic criteria where prior academic performance has been satisfactory (provide supporting information and documentation that provides details of the reasons that affected performance);
- Failure to meet academic criteria due to medical condition (s) or death of an immediate family member (provide supporting information and documentation);
- The student had a gap year in NSFAS funding or failed to register previously and could not reapply for funding;
- More than one student from the same household concurrently enrolled at a university/TVET college; and
- Applying for an approved postgraduate qualification (see section F on the appeal form for the list).
nsfas appeal 2022 opening date, nsfas appeal 2022 pdf, n+1 rule nsfas 2022 appeal, nsfas appeal approved, closing date for nsfas appeal, how to appeal for nsfas
However, students are reminded that they have 30 days to appeal after receiving the news from the organization that their application was denied.
There is no set time for when NSFAS appeals will be processed so students are reminded to be patient.
Currently, NSFAS is assessing the appeals and students are urged to monitor their mynsfas portal for status updates.
Here is how to track your NSFAS appeal:
- Click here to visit the myNSFAS portal.
- Log into your account.
- Click the ‘Track Funding Progress’.
- Check the application progress tabs.
Once the appeal has been submitted, the status will show ‘Active Appeal’, which means that the applicant has been provisionally approved for funding and their funding is pending final approval.
Those who have been approved for funding will receive a status that reflects: ‘Approved for funding subject to registration’. If the appeal is denied, the status will reflect: ‘Application unsuccessful’.
NSFAS bursaries are provided to individuals who hope to study at one of South Africa’s 50 TVET Colleges or 26 public universities.
Successful students receive funding to cover their registration fees, tuition, accommodation, books, and transport.