How To Cancel SASSA Application, Follow steps and you can cancel your R350 grant anytime. If you face any problem during the process or the above method doesn’t work for you, you can call or message the Whatsapp number of the SASSA helpline for further information
- 1 How To Cancel SASSA Application
- 2 Main Reason Why Cancel?
- 3 Why Cancel SASSA R350 Grant Application?
- 4 Methods on How to Cancel SASSA R350 Grant?
- 5 How to Reinstate My Canceled Sassa SRD Application?
How To Cancel SASSA Application
On this post will cover a few other information related to the SRD SASSA funding and its cancellation in detail
Simple steps to cancel SASSA application
- Visit srd.sassa.gov.za
- Go to “Cancel my Application”
- Click on “Cancel Online”
- Provide the required details
- Click on “Confirm”
- Your SASSA R350 grant cancellation is done successfully
Main Reason Why Cancel?
In South Africa, over 18 million people are spending their lives in poverty, and 13.4 million people are jobless. All of them can qualify for the SRD R350 grant. In contrast, if you’re well settled, have a job, and manage your daily expenses, you must apply for cancellation so that the government can pay this amount to another eligible person.
Why Cancel SASSA R350 Grant Application?
Getting the Social Relief of Distress Grant is illegal if you don’t comply with the terms and conditions. If you are good enough to survive and eligible to fulfil your daily expenses then you may entitle to someone else’s right. In any case, here are some reasons why you might want to cancel SASSA R350 Grant.
- If you don’t qualify for the grant but still get it, you will be punished legally in a fraudulent case.
- If you’re financially strong and can manage your expenses you should cancel the R350 grant.
- If your monthly earning is more than R624 you have to cancel the R350 grant.
- If an applicant’s age is below 18 years, they can not apply for SRD 350 grant, but still somehow if they receive the funds, they have to cancel it.
Methods on How to Cancel SASSA R350 Grant?
The process of cancelling the SRD grant is easier than you might be thinking. No matter how you subscribed for this funding, and now if you’re out of those needy circumstances you can cancel this grant.
To cancel the special Covid-19 SRD Grant I’ve got four methods for you. I’m sure by following any of them you can cancel the SASSA R350 grant, but the first method is best to apply. So, if you want to cancel the SASSA R350 grant application follow any of these methods.
Method 1: Cancel SASSA R350 Grant Online
Follow this step-by-step guide to cancel the application if you don’t want to receive the Social Relief of Distress Grant.
- Visit the official website of SASSA or click on this link srd.sassa.gov.za.
- On the landing page, scroll down and go to the Cancel my Application option.
- Read the undermentioned paragraph clearly that states, that if your financial condition changes and don’t want to proceed with the special Covid-19 SRD grant, you can click on the below yellow button Click here to cancel online.
- Once you click on the cancel online, you’ll go to the next page. In this section, you must provide two main pieces of information.
- In the first box, provide the 13-digit South African ID number that you’ve used for receiving R350 Grant.
- In the second box, provide the registered phone number used in the application.
- After providing these two details, click on the below option of Send Pin (a one-time password to confirm that you’re a genuine person).
- Once you get the pin code from SASSA, put this code in the required field and click on Verify Pin.
- After providing all the relevant information, if you’re willing to cancel, click on the Cancel My Grant option.
Method 2: Apply Cancellation via Phone
If you see the above method doesn’t work and you’re still receiving grants in your bank then here is another method to cancel your SASSA R350 grant. For this purpose, you only have to contact the official number of the SRD Grant team. Message via Whatsapp on this number: 082 046 8553.
Send a message with “Cancel SASSA R350 Grant” for an immediate response. Choose to cancel my Application, provide your ID number, and registered phone number, and confirm.
Method 3: Call via Phone Number
If you don’t have access to the above two methods you can call the Sassa helpline number: toll-free call at 0800 601 011.
After calling, provide the necessary details, tell your query and the representative will solve your problem. Hence by requesting to cancel your SRD R350 grant, they will approve the cancellation.
Method 4: Contact via Email
Contact on the email: GrantsEnquiries@sassa.gov.za.
If you have any queries related to special SRD R350 grants, you can contact the support team of SASSA by sending a cancellation request to the above email. It doesn’t end here, you can also contact them for any other kind of queries.
READ MORE Check SASSA Status For R350 Grant
How to Reinstate My Canceled Sassa SRD Application?
If you have cancelled your SRD application by mistake you might be worried about how to start it again. Thankfully, the government of South Africa cares for you, and this is possible that you can reinstate your cancelled Sassa SRD application. Follow these steps to apply again.
- Visit srd.sassa.gov.za
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and go to the Reinstate my cancelled application
- Click on reinstate online
- You’ll be directed to the next page, provide here your South African ID number and Phone number. (make sure you provide the previous details for which grand was cancelled)
- You’ll receive a Pin Code, put the code in the given space.
- Click on confirm.
- The SRD technical team will verify your application, and if approved, you’ll start getting SRD grants again.
Notice: please ensure, that you only provide the details of the applicant whose account was cancelled, if there is a doubt in the information, your request will not approve.