University of Johannesburg (UJ) Residence Application | How to Apply for UJ Hostel – University of Johannesburg. On this post you may get The following, Apply for Residence – UJ, University of Johannesburg UJ Student Housing Application, University of Johannesburg (UJ) Apply For Student Housing, UJ residence application 2024, UJ student housing, UJ student housing office, UJ residence for first-year students, UJ student housing login, UJ residence opening dates 2024, best UJ residence, UJ student housing contact details
If you have applied for campus accommodation and you have not yet received a confirmation of allocated accommodation, you may have to make alternative arrangements. The subdivision of Student Accommodation and Residence Life sends confirmation letters by October to all students who have applied and who have been accepted.
As an alternative to University accommodation it is suggested that you obtain private accommodation. It is important to note that the Division for Internationalisation does not accept responsibility for any possible problems arising from a student’s private accommodation.
What is UJ Student Housing?
Staying in residence is an extension of your university education, and you can benefit from a range of facilities and services including PC labs, network connections, social and sporting activities.
Student Housing & Residence Life at UJ strives to ensure that a living and learning environment is the foundation of its residence culture. Every effort is made to ensure that students’ residence life experience will foster their holistic development as well as being fully supportive of their academic programme.
University of Johannesburg (UJ) Residence Application | How to Apply for UJ Hostel – University of Johannesburg
Residence life is a special experience. Staying in a UJ residence is an extension of students’ university education, where they can benefit from all the facilities and services such as student learning centres, social and sporting activities, life-skills and peer-tutoring programmes.
- For first time applicants, first complete the academic application process and use your student/reference number to complete the residence application as indicated below.
- Once you have been academically admitted at the University in January and your received a letter of confirmation of placement in residence, you will be required to pay a residence deposit of R1220.00
- Admission to the University does not guarantee admission to the residences (depending on space availability)
- You may reside only on the campus where you attend your studies.
- No residence transfers are allowed.
- Only applicants studying towards FULL TIME curricular undergraduate and postgraduate programmes may apply for residence
- Residence online application is not available for 1st Time Entering Students 24 years and older. You can download a hardcopy application form at the bottom of this page.
This application form is ONLY for (1st Time Entering Students) students who NEVER studied before and NOT for students who are already registered students at UJ.
UJ Student Residence
UJ provides different types of accommodation for undergraduate and postgraduate students, on and off campus.
Usually, you will start out in a first-tier residence (full catering), move on to a second-tier residence (senior catering or self-catering) and later, stay in third-tier accommodation (semi-autonomous self-catering).
Each residence has its own history and traditions, but they all try to provide a great experience. Safety is of great importance to UJ, so all residences have strict access control and most are covered by closed-circuit television cameras.
Students with disabilities can be accommodated in different residences. Simply contact the Student Accommodation Office and the Disability Service, and they will address your particular needs.
How To Apply For UJ Student Housing | Online residence application – How to guide
Apply for student housing as part of your UJ application for admission. Housing eligibility criteria for first-time entering undergraduates: first-tier student accommodation There are limited places in residence and these are awarded to applicants on the basis of criteria described below.
Meeting some of these criteria will prioritise you an offer of accommodation, while others may only make you eligible for an offer. Further information about the criteria in each of these categories is provided below
- Step 1 | Enter your student number and pin to login.
- Step 2 | When you are logged in, expand the ‘Student Web Systems’ folder
- Step 3 | Expand the ‘Application Process’ folder
- Step 4 | Click on the ‘Application Process’ folder on the left hand side
- Step 5 | Click on the ‘Add New Residence Application’ button:
- Step 6 | Complete the highlighted fields and then click on the ‘Proceed With Application’ button:
- Step 7 | Click on the “New Record’ button to submit your application
Paper based application
Click HERE to download the paper based application form.
UJ Residence Application Portal
The University of Johannesburg (UJ) Application forms for residences can be obtained at the admissions office or online by clicking on the following linked text below;
- UJ Residence Application Portal Login
BENEFITS OF UNIVERSITY OF JOHANNESBURG RESIDENCE OR HOUSING
There are many advantages to living in University of Johannesburg housing as a student.
- It is inexpensive, for starters.
- Comparing the price of on-campus living to off-campus housing reveals that housing prices are far lower than those you would find in the private sector.
- Students may easily travel to class because University of Johannesburg housing is conveniently situated close to the campus.
- Finally, University of Johannesburg housing gives students a safe and secure place to reside.
UJ student housing contact details
The Division is able to help identify University approved private accommodation.
Ms Daleen Strydom: 011 559 2092
Ms Maryka Kirstein: 011 559 2863
Ms Vonani Tshabane: 011 559 2065
For enquiries please contact our respective offices:
Student Affairs ADB-118 Ukhamba Building
Contact person: Boniswa Khuluse
Tel no: 011 559 5015
Central Student Accommodation Office Front Administrator
Contact person: Ms. Veronica Ngobese
Tel no: 011 559 2065
Auckland Park Region:
APK Student Centre Off-Campus Accommodation Office
Tel no: 011 559 3709/4246
Contact Person: Motheo Rabodiba
Tel no: 011 559 4247