How To Apply for an Employment Pass, An Employment Pass (EP) is a type of work pass/visa that is reserved for foreign workers with specific specialised skills, company directors, or managers who want to live and work in Singapore. There is usually a designated sponsoring Singapore company through which an individual holds an Employment Pass in Singapore. The application itself is completed by the sponsoring company in the name of the person wanting to live and work in Singapore. It can also be completed by an Employment Agency that holds an Employment Agency License.
How To Apply for an Employment Pass
You can apply for an Employment Pass using myMOM Portal.
At a glance
|Who can apply||Employer or appointed employment agent (EA)
Note: You are required to advertise your job opening on MyCareersFuture to consider all applicants fairly, before you can apply for an Employment Pass.
|How much it costs||When you submit the application:
When you get the pass issued:
|How long it takes||If you apply online: 85% are processed within 3 weeks.
For overseas company without a Singapore-registered office: within 8 weeks for most cases.
|Documents required||Find out what you’ll need.|
These are the steps you’ll take to apply:
|Step||Who does this||Result|
|Submit an application||Employer or EA||In-principle approval letter or rejection letter|
|Bring your candidate into Singapore||Employer||Candidate must comply with the travel requirements based on their vaccination status:|
|Get the pass issued||Employer or EA||Notification letter|
|Register fingerprint and photo (if required)||Candidate||Acknowledgment of card delivery|
|Receive the card||Authorised recipients or candidate||Employment Pass card|
- If a candidate is in Singapore with a visit pass that will expire before the Employment Pass is issued, we won’t be able to extend the visit pass.
- You should only bring in candidates when the pass is approved. They don’t need to be in Singapore when you apply and we won’t be able to extend their visit pass.
Submit an application
Processing time: 85% are processed within 3 weeks. Some cases will take more time.
To submit an application:
- Get a written consent to apply for Employment Pass from the candidate.
- Watch our video to help you enter the candidate’s educational details correctly in the application.
- Log in to myMOM Portal to fill up the application and upload the required documents.
- Pay the $105 fee for each application by GIRO, VISA or MasterCard.
- Check your application status after 3 weeks. It may take longer if additional information is required. If you receive an email from MOM requesting for more documents, you can submit them using this online form.
- If the pass is approved, log in to EP Online and print the in-principle approval (IPA) letter.
Send the pass holder’s copy of the IPA to the candidate. It has a pre-approved single-entry visa for the candidate to enter Singapore.
The IPA gives you 6 months to bring the candidate to Singapore and get the pass issued. It also states whether the candidate needs to go for a medical examination, which can be done after arrival in Singapore.
Bring your candidate into Singapore
Ensure the candidate complies with the travel requirements based on their vaccination status:
Get the pass issued
When: Within 6 months of in-principle approval
Processing time: Immediate
The candidate must be in Singapore when you carry out these steps to get the pass issued:
- Log in to myMOM Portal and provide the required information and documents.
- Pay the fees using GIRO, VISA or MasterCard:
- $225 for each pass
- (If applicable) $30 for each Multiple Journey Visa
- Once the pass is issued, the candidate and you will both receive the notification letter by email.
The notification letter:
- Allows the candidate to start work and travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the pass card.
- States if the candidate needs to have their fingerprints and photo taken for the card registration.
- Is valid for 1 month from the date of issue. If the candidate needs more time to complete the card registration procedures, you can request to extend the validity of the notification letter.
What you’ll need
You will need the following information to get the pass issued:
- Candidate’s passport details
- Candidate’s Singapore contact details
- Candidate’s current Short-Term Visit Pass (STVP) or immigration pass details
- Candidate’s Singapore residential address, which must meet the housing requirements for you to get the pass issued.
- Singapore residential or office address to receive the candidate’s card
- Details of up to 3 authorised recipients to receive the card (their mobile number, email address and NRIC number / FIN / passport number)
You may also need to upload PDF copies of these documents:
- Candidate’s passport page showing the date of arrival in Singapore
- Completed medical examination form or medical declaration form
- Completed declaration form (attached to the candidate’s in-principle approval letter). The employer’s declaration of the form should be signed by an authorised human resource personnel, or an employee holding at least a managerial position.
If you need more time to get the pass issued as your candidates are waiting for their medical results, you can extend their STVP. Submit this request within 1 week before the STVP expires and upload the doctor’s memo stating the medical results collection date.Example: If the STVP expires on 10 February, please only submit the request from 3 February.
Register fingerprints and photo
When: Within 2 weeks after pass is issued (if required)
Check the notification letter for whether the candidate needs to register fingerprints and photo.
For registration, you must make an appointment for the candidate to visit the Employment Pass Services Centre (EPSC). The candidate has to register within 2 weeks after the pass is issued.
The candidate should bring along these documents for the appointment:
- Original passport
- Appointment letter
- Notification letter
Receive the card
When: 4 working days after registration or document verificationWe will deliver the card to the given address 4 working days after the candidate registers and gets documents verified at EPSC.
If the candidate does not need to register, we will deliver the card 4 working days after checking the documents.
The authorised recipients will get an SMS or email with the delivery details at least 1 working day before the delivery.
You can also check your card delivery status using EP Online.
If card delivery fails
After 2 unsuccessful deliveries, you’ll have to collect the card at EPSC.
The candidate or an authorised person can collect it 3 working days after the second attempted delivery. They don’t need an appointment.
Bring along these documents for card collection:
- Candidate’s original passport
- Notification letter
If you authorise someone to collect it on your behalf, make sure they bring these along:
- An authorisation letter from the employer
- NRIC or passport for verification