How do I check if my bank details are verified for SASSA SRD R350?, Would you like to check the Sassa status? This guide will provide a complete overview of Sassa Status Check, SRD Sassa, and SRD R350 Applications.
An SASSA Status check allows beneficiaries to check the status of their SASSA SRDs in a simple manner. You can get information about your SRD Status by visiting the respective SRD Status check portal, for example, if you are a new applicant.
Some SRD SASSA applicants might have experienced a delay when it came to their bank details being verified. SASSA has now given some insight into how long this process takes and what steps are taken.
One step taken when verifying SRD grant applications is bank verification. Some applicants have complained that this process seems to be taking a while to which SASSA responded.
How do I check if my bank details are verified for SASSA SRD R350?
To check if your bank details are verified for SASSA SRD R350 :
- Visit the website https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- Scroll down to where you are asked to update banking details.
- Enter your ID number that was used to submit the application
- An SMS notification message sent to your phone number used to apply
- Click on the link inside the SMS
- Click on the Current Payment Option
- Check the verification tab, either verified or pending.
- If verified, then all approved applications with pay dates will be paid at the said date.
- If pending, then you have to wait until your bank account is verified.
- After requesting to check status of submitted bank account, you can only request again after 24 hours and the link is valid for a period of 30 minutes.
- Failure to use the link within the stipulated time frame will result in the expire of the link and you will have to wait for a day.
- Note also that SASSA will request for the verification of the bank account details only after the application is approved.
- You can also opt for your SASSA SRD R350 grant to be paid through the retail stores by choosing the post bank.
- If your bank account details are nit verified within 21 days, it might the problem with the banks, as some banks may delay the request made by SASSA to access your bank account information.
- SASSA has indicated that, it should take up to 10 working days (thus approximately two weeks) to complete the bank account verification process.
If things are not going well as expected, you can also reach out to SASSA on 0800601011 toll free number.
How SASSA Verifies Bank Details For R350 Grant Applications
An applicant took to social media to express their dissatisfaction with SASSA by saying that the process of bank verification has now taken a week telling SASSA, “Do you not grasp the sense of urgency? Why are we not made a priority? Seeing as how you put the cart before the horse?”.
To this, SASSA said:
The process of bank verification does not have a set timeframe.
The way in which this process works is that the applicant’s details are sent to the department of Treasury and to the specific bank chosen by the applicant.
Once the details are verified, it then goes back to Treasury and thereafter, it’s handed over to SASSA so that payment can occur.
Should you be seeing a ‘Bank details pending’ as you do a SASSA R350 grant status check, this means that your application, or reapplication, has been received. However, you haven’t submitted bank details or preferences for how your R350 grant payment should be made.
So what do you need to do then?
All you need to do is submit your banking details using the SASSA SRD website. Here’s how:
- Go to srd.sassa.gov.za
- Submit your ID Number.
- An SMS containing a secure link will be sent to the mobile phone number with which you registered during application.
- Click on the link in the SMS and follow the instructions carefully.
SASSA has repeatedly said that there is no set R350 grant payment date and that beneficiaries will be paid for the months that you qualify.
How long does it take for Sassa SRD to verify banking details?
You also have the opportunity to contact sassa on 0800601011 toll free number to check your bank account verification status for you, but before you you call make sure you have the ID number in your hands or at hand