How are Grade 12 Final Marks Calculated 2022 | How Are Matric Results Calculated. At the beginning of every year, the previous year’s matric learners await anxiously as the release date for their final results approaches. As such, it is often useful to help ease some of their own nerves by having a general idea of how they may perform by understanding how the final marks are calculated.
A student’s final matric mark is the mark that will count the most towards determining their future. Final matric results are what potential universities, and even employers look at when considering a student.
- 1 How are Grade 12 Final Marks Calculated 2022 | How Are Matric Results Calculated
- 2 Accessing Matric Results
- 2.1 Understanding Matric Results
- 3 Determining Your Matric APS Score
How are Grade 12 Final Marks Calculated 2022 | How Are Matric Results Calculated
Therefore, understanding how your matric marks are determined is of great importance, not only to understand the process, but also to be able to challenge any marks that a student may think were incorrectly calculated.
How Are Grade 12 Final Marks Calculated?
Grade 12 final marks are calculated by looking at your School-Based Assessments (SBA) and final examination marks. Here is how it is calculated:
- (SBA) School-Based Assessments count 25% towards your final marks
- The final examination marks count towards 75% towards your final mark
Your School-Based Assessments consist of:
- Oral presentations
- Class tests
- Trial examination