Central University of Technology CUT Student Housing Application | How to Apply for CUT Hostel – Central University of Technology. On this post you may get The following, Apply for Residence – CUT, Central University of Technology CUT Student Housing Application, Central University of Technology (CUT) Apply For Student Housing, CUT residence application 2024, CUT student housing, CUT student housing office, CUT residence for first-year students, CUT student housing login, CUT residence opening dates 2024, best CUT residence, CUT student housing contact details
What is CUT Student Housing?
Staying in residence is an extension of your university education, and you can benefit from a range of facilities and services including PC labs, network connections, social and sporting activities.
Student Housing & Residence Life at CUT strives to ensure that a living and learning environment is the foundation of its residence culture. Every effort is made to ensure that students’ residence life experience will foster their holistic development as well as being fully supportive of their academic programme.
Central University of Technology CUT Student Housing Application | | How to Apply for CUT Hostel – Central University of Technology
Residence life is a special experience. Staying in a CUT residence is an extension of students’ university education, where they can benefit from all the facilities and services such as student learning centres, social and sporting activities, life-skills and peer- programmes.
CUT Student Residence
CUT provides different types of accommodation for undergraduate and postgraduate students, on and off campus.
Usually, you will start out in a first-tier residence (full catering), move on to a second-tier residence (senior catering or self-catering) and later, stay in third-tier accommodation (semi-autonomous self-catering).
Each residence has its own history and traditions, but they all try to provide a great experience. Safety is of great importance to CUT, so all residences have strict access control and most are covered by closed-circuit television cameras.
Students with disabilities can be accommodated in different residences. Simply contact the Student Accommodation Office and the Disability Service, and they will address your particular needs.
How To Apply For CUT Student Housing?
Meeting some of these criteria will prioritise you an offer of accommodation, while others may only make you eligible for an offer. Further information about the criteria in each of these categories is provided below
How to apply and register?
Download the Residence Registration step-by-step guide – 1st Semester 2023 (PDF)
Applications to residences at CUT are only online. No manual forms will be accepted.
2023 Residence Online Application step-by-step guide (PDF)
You apply as part of your application to CUT.
CUT Residence Application Portal
The Central University of Technology (CUT) Application forms for residences can be obtained at the admissions office or online by clicking on the following linked text below;
- CUT Residence Application Portal >> https://www.cut.ac.za/student-life—campus-accommodation
Information on individual residences
Residences have full-time Residence Managers who manage the facilities and are supported by a Warden and Sub-wardens.
NB: If you experience any problems with residence telephone numbers, call +27 (0)51 507 3911.
To maximize the housing system’s educational value, as well as to unite student life and learning, the residence leadership strives to:
- Encourage first-year students to participate in the existing academic support programmes for identified risk subjects offered by the Centre of Counselling;
- Establish smaller study groups in the residences emanating from above in co-operation with the Centre of Counselling;
- Involve academic and support staff regularly in student programmes in residences;
- Instil responsibility towards the community through community services.
Situated on campus
|Tel: +27 (0)51 507 3175|
Situated on campus
|Tel: +27 (0)51 507 3171|
Mannheim is situated on the corner of King Edward road and Ella streets, within walking distance of CUT Bloemfontein Campus.
|Tel: +27 (0)51 507 3161|
The residence is situated on campus, and accommodates male and female postgraduate students.
|Tel: +27 (0)51 507 4175|
Situated on campus
|Tel: +27 (0)51 507 3170|
Loggies is situated on the corner of Goddard and Saltzman Streets, within walking distance of the CUT Bloemfontein Campus.
|Tel: +27 (0)51 507 3247|
Mannheim is situated on the corner of King Edward road and Ella streets, within walking distance of the CUT campus.
|Tel: +27 (0)51 507 3594|
Gymnos residence accommodates sport students and is situated in Park Road, within walking distance from the CUT campus in Bloemfontein.
|Tel: +27 (0)51 507 4182|
- Ready prepared meals are available in the Cafeteria in the Lapeng Student Centre.
- Students are also allowed to prepare food in the residences.
- CUT Bloemfontein Campus is located within walking distance from Loch Logan Waterfront, one of the city’s major malls.
|Bed and mattress|
|Desk and chair|
|Wifi available in all residences|
Available in residence
|Learning and living areas|
Items needed for on campus living (check list)
|Cleaning and washing agents
Handy Andy, soap powder for automatic washing machines, fabric softener, Clothes-pegs, laundry bag, bucket (plastic).
Coffee, tea, milk powder, sugar, soft drinks.
Duvet or bedspread, extra blanket in winter, pillow, sheets and pillowcases.
Portable radio, alarm clock, iron, electrical extension cord, double-adapter plug, bedside lamp, and chargers for phones, tablets, etc.
Students who belong to organisations that attend camps as part of their programme must bring sleeping bags, cutlery and crockery.
Residence matters to note:
- Students are responsible for the washing and ironing of their own laundry and/or linen.
- No refrigerators and/or freezers may be kept without permission.
- No kettles are allowed. Boiling water is available.
- Students are responsible for their own medication for injuries and illnesses, such as allergies, colds and flu, etc.
- Students may be in possession of cars. Parking is at the student’s own risk.
Please note: The Central University of Technology takes no responsibility for private accommodation that is external to the university. These options are listed to assist and are not accredited or endorsed by CUT.
Make sure to:
- Visit the site of the accommodation before committing to the property.
- Ask questions about safety, cost of water and lights, and any additional extras such as parking etc.
On Campus Accommodation during CUT Academic Recesses
Traveling to Bloemfontein for a conference, seminar, workshop or a school/university tour group and need affordable accommodation?
Why not stay on campus, and enjoy the following advantages:
- Centrally situated campus
- Affordable rates
- Accommodation for large groups
- Enjoy well-manicured grounds and social areas of campus
- 24hr Security
- On campus cafeteria
- Within easy walking distance of the Loch Logan Waterfront
When are the facilities open? During the residences closed recesses for academic term, see year programme.