Cheap Student Accommodation in Newcastle, Looking for Cheap Accommodation in Newcastle City, it is clear that in order for a student to study calmly without experiencing the hardships of life in this city he must know which are the places he can find affordable accommodation. In this article we bring you a list of affordable accommodation in Newcastle, Looking for cheap student accommodation in Newcastle? We have rounded up some perfectly priced properties to help your search. let’s go together
Newcastle upon Tyne is a university city on the River Tyne in northeast England. With its twin city, Gateshead, it was a major shipbuilding and manufacturing hub during the Industrial Revolution and is now a centre of business, arts and sciences. Spanning the Tyne, modern Gateshead Millennium Bridge, noted for its unique tilting aperture, is a symbol of the 2 cities
Being a Student in Newcastle
- Home to notable higher education establishments such as Northumbria University, the University of Newcastle, and Newcastle College, all close to lots of student halls in Newcastle.
- Enjoy some much-needed time away from the books at the Town Moor, one of the largest parks in the UK. It’s this green space plus lots of sporting options that put Newcastle in our top UK healthiest universities guide.
- If history is your thing, Newcastle was an important city in England’s industral revolution in 1750-1850, making a name for itself in ironworking and glassmaking. Check out the Great North Museum: Hancock for a comprehensive step through the city’s history. There’s also Hadrian’s Wall only a short train ride away. The iconic land frontier is one of the most notable relics of the Roman empire, stretching 73 miles.
- Go see the iconic Angel of the North beside the A1 road near Gateshead.
- Head on down to Quayside, a buzzing stretch of stylish bars, restaurants, and clubs near the landmark Gateshead Millennium Bridge. It’s also worth wandering 15-minutes up the river to check out the Tyne Bridge, an iconic arched bridge connecting Newcastle upon Tyne and Gateshead.
- If culture is what you’re after, catch a show at Newcastle’s iconic Theatre Royal or a live gig at City Hall.
- Head on over to The Biscuit Factory, it’s conveniently located next to lots of student accommodation in Newcastle. Here you’ll find the UK’s largest independent commercial art, craft anddesign gallery. There’s always lots on, so worth keeping an eye on their calendar.
- Newcastle is known for its high-energy nightlife and great student social scene and has many quirky bars to discover.
- For Tiktok fans, it’s where Max Balegde gained popularity.
Cheap Student Accommodation in Newcastle
Leazes Parade is a seven-minute walk to the campus and city centre. Rooms are in a selection of two and six bedroom flats, with communal lounge/kitchen areas and bathrooms. The larger flats incorporate two shower rooms and toilets. Prices start from £72 a week.
It’s an easy 15-minute walk from the door of your student accommodation to Northumbria University, or 20 minutes to Newcastle University. Use the frequent buses, walk or cycle into the city centre to shop big stores at intu Eldon Square or walk over the spectacular Gateshead Millennium Bridge at sunset and scope out riverside bars and pubs. Prices start from £73 per week.
Mansion Tyne is just a short walk away from the River Tyne and you will be at your lectures and tutorials in no time! When it’s time to go to your classes, you will only need 10 minutes to walk to Northumbria University, and 20 minutes to Newcastle University. Prices start from £103 per week.
Live right in the heart of Newcastle’s city centre when you set up home at The Foundry, close to art galleries and hip nightclubs. At The Foundry, you are just a 16-minute walk from Newcastle University and an 11-minute stroll from the city’s Northumbria University. If you prefer to save some time on two wheels, there is secure bike storage on site and there is car parking available too. Prices start from £104 per week.
Live at Quay Point and fall in love with this city’s spectacular bridges, waterside buzz and vast green spaces as you study in the North East. It’s easy to get around Newcastle and living at Quay Point means you’re a couple of minutes’ walk from Northumbria University, or take the metro and be in class at the University of Newcastle in no time. Prices start from £108 per week.